FVB Psychologists, established in 1983, is committed to offering professional, innovative, and timely intervention to individuals and families. We are currently expanding and in need of psychologists and psychological associates (full- time and part-time) to provide psychological assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation services to children, adolescent, adults, and families. We are looking to hire motivated psychologists and psychological associates to work in our Brampton and Mississauga offices.
- PhD (or PsyD) or M.A. in Clinical Psychology from a CPA or APA accredited university
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario, or eligible for supervised practice
- Expertise in the assessment and treatment of individuals using a range of evidence-based therapeutic modalities
- Demonstrated adherence to professional practice standards
- Excellent organization, time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong understanding of occupational stress injuries is an asset (e.g., commercial airline pilots, first responders, police officers)
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience working with diverse cultural backgrounds is an asset
- Experience with a variety of therapeutic approaches with solid cognitive-behavioural skills. Experience with specific treatments for PTSD is an asset.
The successful applicant(s) will provide services including:
- Psychotherapy (individual and couples)
- Report writing (WSIB, HCAI, CICB)
- Psycho-legal assessments
- Diagnostic assessments and the development and implementation of treatment plans
- Demonstrated competency and experience in the administration and interpretation of psychological tests, particularly those relevant to the assessment of personality and socio-emotional functioning including depression, anxiety and PTSD
- Excellent computer skills (ability to work with web-based video conferencing and telepsychology, use of case management software, etc.)
Benefits of working at FVB Psychologists
- You’ll be part of an expanding client-centred practice offering an extensive range of evidence-based interventions
- A team-based practice with opportunity for peer supervision, support, and consultation within in a collegial and supportive environment
- Flexible working hours (including evenings and Saturdays)
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for training and supervision
- As an LGBTQ+ positive space, we also feature out and allied clinicians with specialized knowledge, skills, and resources
- All administrative functions (e.g., appointment scheduling, confirmation of appointments, billing and deposits, filing, etc.) are performed by our full-time administrative staff.
To learn more about FVB Psychologists, please visit our website at www.fvb.ca
If you are interested in applying for a position with FVB Psychologists, please contact Dr. Leslie Balmer at email@example.com.